It's not just our toys that are environmentally friendly. At Eco Toys Pty Ltd we have an eco policy that ensures everything we do as a company reflects our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint and protecting our precious environment.
Supporting Australian made & designed:
We aim to support locally made and Australian designed toys that have been handcrafted by highly skilled people paid a fair wage for their work.
Most toys designed or owned by European countries are still made in Asia so the toys have to travel back and forth before finally reaching our shores. This is completely unnecessary and adds to the carbon emissions caused by aircrafts which release high levels of nitrous oxides, a greenhouse gas 320 times more potent than CO2, and other greenhouse gases into the air. Aircraft emissions have about three times more global warming effect than the CO2 emitted by a road vehicle from the same amount of fuel.
Our eco toys are all:
- Made from 100% natural materials such as wood, certified organic cotton or pure wool.
- Materials are sourced from renewable and sustainable resources or recycled materials.
- 70% of our toys are Australian made and/or designed.
- Paints and finishes are water based and 100% non-toxic and safe.
- Our baby soft toys are certified organic cotton which promotes farming techniques that respect and replenish the environment.
- We also have a range of 100% pure wool felt toys, a biodegradable, sustainable and renewable material.
- We choose manufacturers that care about the environment and run conservation projects such as the tree plus project.
- We support manufacturers who ensure workers get a fair wage and run programs that fight poverty in third world countries.
All our printing is done locally on 100% post consumers waste paper, are chlorine free and only vegetable based ink (an environmentally friendly alternative) is used. We only print when and where absolutely necessary and do not print invoices or receipts for customers unless it is requested.
We only use recycled gift wrap paper made locally by a company who uses 100% green power (accredited renewable energy). Our gift cards are also handmade locally using 100% recycled materials.
All of our packaging is 100% recycled including boxes, bubble wrap, brown kraft paper and other paper used in boxes.
View our range of Eco Toys